[CLUE-Talk] My Palm died, which one should I get

Steven R. Hulse shulse7 at home.com
Fri Sep 21 18:27:11 MDT 2001

Hi all,

	I have the blue one and I love it. Personally I am having
trouble understanding this compiling stuff but that will come in time, I
have a couple of apps I want to install but just don't quite understand
how. Anyway I highly recommend the Agenda. I'll try to get to the next
meeting and bring it.
The only real major complaint I have is the backlighting, It looks
really weird, kind of like those flourescent magic slates. It uses the
same type of handwriting that the Palm uses and it has voice
recognition! However I haven't played with that yet.
	The only thing I suggest is that for newbies to Linux such as
myself and they are looking at it in the sence of a hobby don't get it.
I'm in it for the long haul and slowly learning  so I went with one.
Plus the simple fact that I can develop my own software for my needs is
a big plus!
	I used to work for Apple in the Newton department as tech
support, (Well actually the only support, we were the bastard child of
Apple and loved it!), anyway the Newt was the best one to date for
handwriting. The only thing I think it needed was to move into the
networking side where you could set it up like the current PDA's. (Ipaq,
Agenda, ect.) I was sad to see the Newton go but I guess like an other
Apple product they got bored with it. I did find at one time a web site
of someone who has ported Linux to the Newton. I need to find it again.
	Speaking of networking, I get the biggest kick out of the fact
that I can set up my Agenda on a network with it's own IP address and it
will be seen on the network! That just rocks IMHO! Oh the only other
complaint I have is that it doesn't have an external power supply for
it, your on batteries all the time. The battery life is pretty good,
with average daily use, (contacts, notes, basic stuff) I have to change
them once every 3 to 4 weeks.
	If anyone wants to see it before the next meeting send me an
email and we will meet somewhere.

C-ya!
Steve
shulse7 at home.com