[CLUE-Talk] recording off the air

R. Frank rfrank at rfrank.net
Sun Apr 7 18:28:16 MDT 2002

This summer I am spending a lot of time in the car driving to
South Carolina (to grade about 50,000 exams).  I *should*
be asking "why would I be doing that?" but that's not the
question for this email.

I know time shifting is okay for television shows.  But is it
okay to tape a radio program off the air and listen to it later,
as in when I'm somewhere in Kansas?  I thought this would
be an easy google search, but it isn't.  All I found is about
downloading mp3's or sharing digital music and such, and this
isn't that at all.

Anyone know the answer: is it currently ok to tape off the air
for personal, unshared use?  Any references to web sites that
talk to this question?

---
Roger Frank