[CLUE-Talk] Digital-Copyright Bill Inspires Criticism

Brandon N bneill at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 13 09:25:46 MDT 2002

It's nice to see that the online community is capable of coming
together against legislation.  I think the DMCA may actually have a
good effect, in that it's taught us to be more wary of what our
government is doing.

For those of you that don't want to read the article, here is an
overview.

The Hollings bill has inspired a flurry of criticism, including 80,000
faxes from Digitalconsumer.org, and 3500 comments to the Senate
Judiciary committee, not a single one praising the bill.

For now we've won this one, and hopefully a victory will inspire us to
be even more vigilant in the future.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&ncid=581&e=1&cid=581&u=/nm/20020413/tc_nm/tech_media_piracy_dc_4