[CLUE-Talk] The Microsoft penalty that isn't - Tech News - CNET.com

BOF bof at pcisys.net
Wed Apr 17 15:04:47 MDT 2002

Jed S. Baer wrote:

>I've seen ads for Oracle DBAs which also call for VB, Java, ASP, MS Office, MS Access, Modeling and PL/SQL. I often see SQL-Server in the list.

Not to mention being a systems architect, C/C++ programmer, Linux/Unix
sysadmin, capable of building a computer from a pile of sand and brewing
at least three kinds of coffee, and just being an all-around nice guy/gal.

I've seen these same things and wondered if they were some kind of
idiotic HR wet dream, or if there are actually people out there who can
meet them.

And then I wonder what kind of salary they were offered.

It's enough to make one laugh. Or weep ....

BOF