[CLUE-Talk] Had to share this

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier jbrockmeier at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 18 14:35:40 MDT 2002

Here's a juicy quote from a Yahoo! article about Software execs
testifying FOR Microsoft:

"Brent Frei, co-founder of the software firm Onyx, said the
remedies sought by the states would hurt consumers. But he later
acknowledged that he had not read the states' penalties nor the
government settlement and that Microsoft lawyers wrote the first
draft of his testimony for him."

Okay... how in the name of all that's Holy can the judge
not slap the crap out of Microsoft after testimony like that?
How? Why doesn't this kind of thing get coverage like Enron or
Bill Clinton doing the nasty in the Oval Office? Why?

The whole article is here:
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&ncid=528&e=3&cid=528&u=/ap/20020418/ap_on_hi_te/microsoft_antitrust_391

Completely puzzled...

Zonker
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier -=- jbrockmeier at earthlink.net
http://www.DissociatedPress.net/
ymessenger: jbrockmeier / AIM: ZonkerJoe
"I hope we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our
moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our
government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the
laws of the country." -- Thomas Jefferson