[CLUE-Talk] Pointy-Haired Boss (WAS: The Microsoft penalty that isn't - Tech News - CNET.com)

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at attbi.com
Fri Apr 19 20:49:26 MDT 2002

On 04-19 11:12, Kevin Cullis wrote:
> Chris,
>
> Take a look at my signature file below and, YES, I'll get along with him
> just fine!!  I've got all of Demings books and some about him. He
> definitely TRULY supports geeks, i.e. joy in work and how management is
> responsible for the systems that people work in, therefore, most
> problems are managers problems.
>
> Contact me off line and we'll talk more.

Any particular Deming titles to recommend starting off with? He's one name
I've heard over, and over, and over, and a smidgeon of his story, but other
than that, I'm pretty clueless about him.

I'm pretty omnivorous when it comes to devouring books, myself. My readings
range from "pop" books (just finished The O'Reilly Factor), to assorted tech
stuff (of course) to classic stuff like Kerouac and Hemingway to really
bizarre and offbeat stuff like Tom Robbins or Terence McKenna (one really
"out there" guy - I was lucky to stumble upon a hardbound copy of True
Hallucinations and The Archaic Revival in a discount bin for $2) and then
range back to the stock "geek" books and authors like Hitchhikers Guide,
Stranger in a Strange Land, Neal Stephenson...but I really got into reading
some of what I call "meta-books" - books about programming and software
engineering in the workplace - Peopleware, After the Gold Rush, Mythical
Man-Month...another I can't remember right now.

--
Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at attbi.com Yahoo:seanleblancathome
ICQ:138565743 MSN:seanleblancathome AIM:sleblancathome