[CLUE-Talk] Books on software usability

Chris K. Chew chris at fenetics.com
Mon Apr 22 10:44:12 MDT 2002

I understand your points, but I am still confused as to why you guys are so
defensive about websites that differ from your own idea of what they should
be.

Many of my messages over the months have shown that I disapprove of
companies like MS, VeriSign, Enron or Qwest; and that I would like to see a
more responsible consumer (customer).  But I do think that the
commercialization of the Internet is a good thing.  If you don't like a
complex commercial website, don't visit it.  The fact remains that there is
more good to the Internet than text-based Linux websites.  Further, most
people do react warmly to aesthetically pleasing designs, otherwise
companies wouldn't pay to have them made.

Chris