[CLUE-Talk] Colorado: Software tax raises ire

Charles Oriez coriez at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 22 20:53:26 MDT 2002

--- Jeffery Cann <fabian at jefferycann.com> wrote:
> Good question.
>
> You probably qualify if you write any software code.  I don't know
> how the
> proposed law would define 'software development', but there is no
> difference
> between 'software development' and 'web development' other than
> semantics,
> IMHO.

The interesting thing I picked up was that bug fixes were not
taxable, but enhancements were.

How is open source taxed?

CSIA is against it.  You know it was under the radar though if they
were caught unawares.

Find your local elected officials here:
http://denveraitp.org/legislative/

=====
--
Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial
-- seen on Usenet