[CLUE-Talk] 9 News Spam ...

Kirk Rafferty kirk at fpcc.net
Thu Apr 25 15:58:36 MDT 2002

On Thu, Apr 25, 2002 at 03:37:15PM -0600, Steve Fry wrote:
> > I doubt 9News, even if they were spamming, would have a link ending in
> > "9NEWSSPAMSUCKS".
>
> Regarding that link, in my original post, I stated that "I played with
> the variable a little - but it should still work for you." - I'm the one
> that came up with that.

Doh, sorry I didn't pay attention.

Although I should be a bit more cynical, I really have a hard time believing
that 9News would spam.  Not because I believe in their journalistic integrity,
(bwahahahahaha!) or anything that naive.  I just think they'd have to
realize what a negative impact outright spamming would have on their
viewership and sponsors.

Before taking any punitive action, you may want to contact 9News and see if
it really is them, but I still think you're leg is being pulled. :)

-k