[CLUE-Talk] Now: The Internet Is For Everyone - Was: Browser Protest Day - Was: Is this true?

Steve Fry clue at ir3w.com
Sat Apr 27 12:57:03 MDT 2002

Currently being discussed on /.

Vint Cerf: 'The Internet Is For Everyone'
http://slashdot.org/articles/02/04/26/2139249.shtml?tid=95

Here's the link to the RFC:
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3271.txt?number=3271
[The original has been slashdotted.]

Steve

> Here's an idea - Web compatibility day. Pick one day in the near
> future, say a Saturday or Sunday, for
> Linux/Mac/*BSD/OS2/BeOS/Netscape/Opera/Lynx users
> to just browse like mad and send off polite comments to companies
> who have IE-only Web pages.
>
> Between people who use "alternative" operating systems, people who
> use Windows but another browser or people who like Lynx - or require
> it because they're visually impaired - I think we make up at least
> 20% of the browsing population. Surely companies don't want to
> alienate 20% of their potential customer base.

              IR3W Web Services
   Steve Fry - steve at ir3w.com - 720-233-3WWW
    Web Site Design, Development, and More!
             http://www.ir3w.com