[CLUE-Talk] August 2002 CLUE Meeting

CLUE President president at clue.denver.co.us
Sun Aug 11 08:09:18 MDT 2002

Greetings,

Please join us for the August CLUE meeting on August 13, 2002.  The KISS
session begins at 6:30 and is a 30 minute tutorial on a single aspect of
Linux.  The main presentation begins at 7:00 pm.  We will hold a drawing for
our door prizes that include Linux software, books, and other goodies.
Please consult the CLUE web site for directions and maps are available at
http://clue.denver.co.us/meetingInfo.html.

We hope to see you Tuesday!
Jeffery Cann
CLUE President

--------------------------- Topic Descriptions--------------------------
MAIN Session Topic:  LDAP Tips, Tricks and Programming with Match Grun
(7:00 pm)

Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) allows directory information to
be accessed across a network. OpenLDAP has been presented at a previous CLUE
meeting (November 2001).

However, there is much more to LDAP that still remains to be covered. Match
will cover programming with LDAP with C. Also, covered will be some other
tools that make use of LDAP.

Match is a professional software developer and has been a Linux user since
1996. He is also one of the maintainers of the Sylpheed (Claws) open source
E-Mail client hosted at SourceForge.

KISS Session Topic:  Burning CDs with Dave Price (6:30 pm)

Hall Kinion graciously donates the resources for our meeting location.
Please consider Hall Kinion for your technology staff needs.