[CLUE-Talk] Windows XP Shows the Direction Microsoft is Going

bof bof at pcisys.net
Fri Aug 16 16:01:09 MDT 2002

This is a link to an interesting article that should be required reading
for everyone buying a computer with MS XP installed on it.

The article discusses XP's hidden connections, reasons for so many bugs
(with maybe a little paranoia), implications for future
contracts/EULA's, the flaws of the registry concept, and MS's attitude
towards privacy, as well as an explanation of some of the future
business practices of Microsoft as evidenced by XP. It's apparent from
the article that MS has learned nothing from the DOJ suit, other than
that they can take on the US government and win.

I'm posting it because I believe that one must know their enemy in order
to combat him and because it might be useful as arguments in support of
converting a business to Linux.

BOF

    http://www.hevanet.com/peace/microsoft.htm