[CLUE-Talk] Bowling for Columbine

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at americanisp.net
Sun Dec 1 11:42:07 MST 2002

On 11-30 20:16, Jeffery Cann wrote:
> Anyone seen this documentary?  If so, what did you think of it?
>
> Just curious, but I thought it was an excellent documentary which has a
> reasonable explanation of the number of handgun homicides in the US vs other
> countries.
>
> If you haven't seen it, I definitely recommend it -- I think it will challenge
> our American viewpoint, especially with regard to fear of living.

I do plan on seeing it (and reading his book) despite the fact that it will
probably offend me...but I have thick skin. :) Since I'm so poor, I'll
probably wait until it comes to a library near me.

BTW: If you go to his web site, www.michaelmoore.com, you can see this
statement under the "Alert Action":

"There are 30 million Americans living without enough food."

Huh? How many Americans are there? 350 million? So, according to this
statement (without a cite, I noticed), there are just under 1 out of 12
people without enough food? I don't mean to whitewash the issue, but that
sounds just a *tad* inflated. And I thought conservatives were resorting to
hyperbole when they said that the media always seems to "discover" the
homeless and hungry in this country whenever there is a sitting Republican
president...

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at americanisp.net
http://users.americanisp.net/~seanleblanc/
Get MLAC at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/mlac/
Each person has the right to take part in the management of public affairs in
his country, provided he has prior experience, a will to succeed, a university
degree, influential parents, good looks, a curriculum vitae, two 3x4
snapshots, and a good tax record.