[CLUE-Talk] Lycoris

Robert Davis rob-iod at attbi.com
Mon Dec 2 00:20:24 MST 2002

I've been using it as my main distro for about 9 mos. now.
CONS:
Network browser is broken, must use Lin Neighborhood or Komba for full
r-w access.
RPM's are limited and not compatible with RH or MDK. Only old Caldera
RPM's work.
No Gnome libs available, therefore no Evolution, Mr. Project, GnuCash, etc.
Ground-up reworking slated for +/-9 mos. = uncertainty
No KDE3
PROS:
Great look & feel.
Best user community I've experienced (www.lycoris.org).
Wonderful update wizard.
Constantly improving
Apt-Get now built-in (Lycoris is an RPM based distro.)

Rob Davis