[CLUE-Talk] Bowling for Columbine

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier clue at dissociatedpress.net
Mon Dec 2 12:44:23 MST 2002

On Mon, 2 Dec 2002, bof wrote:

*snip*

> And which is why I will boycott the film: I refuse to put any more money
> into the coffers of such scum to allow them to continue the hate-crime
> filled pogroms that they conduct against gun owners.

Hate-crime? Huh?

> And, BTW, what's so bad about giving a rifle as opposed to giving a
> laptop computer? Both are inert, inanimate objects whose use depends
> entirely upon the operator: the computers of Harris and Klebold figured
> prominent in their lives. Where are the cries for a seven-day waiting
> period  when buying a computer?

Take a deep breath, Jed. I agree with you that people get very silly
when it comes to their opposition of gun ownership... but the uses
for a handgun and a laptop are very different. In a fit of rage I
*might* be able to take out two or three people with a hefty laptop
but you can take out quite a few more people with a handgun. A
waiting period is not unreasonable when it comes to gun ownership.

Zonker
--
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier
http://www.dissociatedpress.net/