[CLUE-Talk] Bowling for Columbine

Jeffery Cann fabian at jefferycann.com
Mon Dec 2 17:26:36 MST 2002

On Monday 02 December 2002 10:15 am, bof wrote:

> Until the media demagogues, like the idiot who made Bowling for
> Columbine, got hold of it and somehow made it sound terribly, terribly
> evil, like anyone with $5 could open an account and immediately get a
> free gun.

In fact, the bank in the film is North Country Bank (with branches throughout
Northern Michigan).  The filmmaker put $1000 into a long-term account and
received a gun after he passed a background check.

> And which is why I will boycott the film: I refuse to put any more money
> into the coffers of such scum to allow them to continue the hate-crime
> filled pogroms that they conduct against gun owners.

Ironically, the filmmaker is a lifelong member of the NRA, who does own guns
and won a junior NRA marksmanship award.

Jeff

--
    planet earth (tm)
http://jefferycann.com/