[CLUE-Talk] I'm new... (weather)

Dave Price davep at kinaole.org
Wed Dec 11 03:59:48 MST 2002

On Tue, Dec 10, 2002 at 10:27:09PM +0100, Marcin wrote:
> Currently in Poland we have got a strong frost (about -20 C and more at
> night, and about -10 C at day ;-) What winters are in Denver? I read
> that in Denver winters aren't very strong. Average temperature is above
> zero Celsius. Only sometimes the temperature is under zero C. That're
> very nice winters :-) You've got a wonderful mountines in Denver!

Denver winters are mild - especially if the sun is out and you are not in
shadow - I am working a lot in unheated (under construction) buildings
and am comforatble in a wool shirt and blue jeans.

Because of low humidity a temperature of 50-60 (F) is quite pleasant.

When you leave Denver and head up to the mountains (10,000 feet +),
things get colder, but sunshine, altitude and low humidity still help to
make a very pleasant climate,

With regards to mountains, Colorado has the second nicest mountains I am
aware of - second only to my home state of Hawaii.

aloha,
dave