[CLUE-Talk] English language

Chris Wiegand cwiegand at signalbhn.org
Wed Dec 11 10:25:01 MST 2002

The "I drove" is usually used when denoting an action that occured previous to, or in connection to, another phrase/sentence that was formed using the "I have driven" verison. That's my understanding of the two, being a native English speaker.

As far as I know, you can say "I did a lot of work". That's common usage, anyways.

Example:

I've (I have) been to Germany. They drove me nuts with their beers!

Greg has gone skating dozens of time. Once, he fell and broke his hip.