[CLUE-Talk] Media outlets

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Fri Dec 20 13:00:24 MST 2002

On Fri, 20 Dec 2002 11:02:49 -0700 (MST)
"Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier" <clue at dissociatedpress.net> wrote:

> When you say "H1B issue" what are you referring to?

I'm assuming:

http://www.zazona.com/ShameH1B/H1BFAQs.htm
http://h1b.info/bookmarks.php

Norman Matloff seems to be one the main sources of argument against high
H1B quotas.

While I can see the "unemployed US workers" side of the argument, I don't
come to the conclusion of restricting immigration as a means of protecting
US jobs. Companies can just move the work elsewhere anyway. If that's the
alternative, I'd rather see the cash-flow stay inside our borders, i.e.
the H1B worker spends some of their income on US products/services. That
helps our economy.

jed
--
We're frogs who are getting boiled in a pot full of single-character
morphemes, and we don't notice. - Larry Wall; Perl6, Apocalypse 5