[CLUE-Talk] Sun/Linux

Grant Johnson grant at amadensor.com
Fri Feb 8 14:54:11 MST 2002

One interesting thing that no one has mentioned is what happened less
than a week before Sun announced adding a low end machine being Linux on
Intel.  The cut Solaris on Intel as of version 9.

So, we have no Solaris on Intel.  OK, so what.  It was mostly just used
for testing anyway.  How do we test?  Run them on Linux.  But then how
to use them on Solaris?  Sun also announced added support for Linux
binaries on Solaris as of, you guessed it, version 9.

Is this the split they are looking for?  Linux for the low end and
testing, and Solaris on the top?  Take out NT at the bottom with Linux
with a name like Sun supporting it, then give them a migration path to
the big toys.