[CLUE-Talk] GUI HTML/Site tool for Linux

D C dcorwine at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 12 21:33:09 MST 2002

Someone (sorry, I forgot to get their name) was asking at the meeting
tonight about a tool for Linux that is comparable to Front Page. One such
tool that I have come across is called Bluefish (
http://bluefish.openoffice.nl ). I personally have not yet used this tool,
so I can't speak about it, other than to say it was recommended to me by
someone else. This is what they say about it on the web site:

Bluefish is a GTK HTML editor for the experienced web designer or
programmer. It is not finished yet, but already a very powerful site
creating environment. Bluefish has extended support for programming dynamic
and interactive websites, there is for example a lot of PHP support.
Bluefish is released under the GPL licence.

There are also some more HTML editors listed at
http://linux.tucows.com/internet/html_editors.html and
http://www.linuxlinks.com/Software/Internet/HTMLEditors/ . Sourceforge (
http://sourceforge.net/softwaremap/trove_list.php?form_cat=243 ) also has a
list of 1043 (their count) site content management projects that may be of
use also.

HTH

Doug