[CLUE-Talk] humor: Security is important

Charlie Oriez coriez at oriez.org
Thu Feb 14 12:04:08 MST 2002

ran across this on usenet.

I'm going to a Microsoft event shortly, like next week or so.  Anyone
know where I can get a penguin motif necktie, or do I need to make do
with my penguin lapel pin?

,--------------- Forwarded message (begin)

 Subject: Security is important
 From: =brian <surfcow at hawaii.rr.com>
 Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 20:30:00 -0700

 Them: Important user, NT box, lost admin password, sad, sad, sad.

 Me: No problem, change password with magic linux disk, offline NT
 password editor.

 Them: No, no, no. Never work. NT secure. Get real.

 Me: Watch. (reboot)

 Them: Gasp! This floppy is dangerous! Where did you get it?

 Me: Internet. Been around forever.

 Them: How do we keep students from using this?

 Me: Can't. Migrate. Linux. Mac.

 Them: No, no, no. Just make NT safe.

 Me: Can't. NT inherently unsafe.

 Them: Must be safe. NT good. We have never seen problems.

 Me: You just saw one now.

 Them: No, no, no. NT good. Win2k better.

 Me: Win2k is NT. Same thing. Should I give this floppy to a student?

 Them: No, no, no. Give here.

 Me: Whatever. What do you want me to do?

 Them: Change admin password.

 Me: Fine. To what?

 Them: "p-a-s-s-w-o-r-d"

 Me: No, no, no.

 --
 Selected by Jim Griffith.  MAIL your joke to funny at netfunny.com.

 Read about The Internet Joke Book -- the best of RHF at
 http://www.netfunny.com/inetjoke.html

 This joke's link: http://www.netfunny.com/rhf/jokes/02/Feb/nt.html

`--------------- Forwarded message (end)

Charles Oriez   coriez at oriez.org
**
Rome did not create a great empire by having meetings; they did it by
killing all those who opposed them.