[CLUE-Talk] Ximian busted my browser...

David Willson DLWillson at TheGeek.NU
Wed Jan 2 10:06:47 MST 2002

Here's a strange thing.  Ever since I loaded Ximian Desktop, in order to
get Ximian Evolution (which, as I have previously mentioned, absolutely
RULES), I can't get a browse.  Neither Mozilla nor Galeon will start
implicitly (from a link in an email or whatever), or explicitly (from
their launch icons or called at the command line).

What I get is a lot of disk activity the first time I try it, then
nothing, and on subsequent attempts in the same uptime, just a quick
flicker of disk activity, and nothing.

I have tried removing and re-installing the mozilla package, and
removing my mozilla and galeon preferences (~/.mozilla and ~/.galeon)

Any other ideas before I FFR (fdisk, format, reinstall, one call does it
all) this box?