[CLUE-Talk] Nettquette Request

Dave Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Fri Jan 4 19:41:45 MST 2002

Sorry for the incomplete post.  Somehow netscape decided that ctrl-v was
send and not paste?!?

\\_0_/ wrote:

> Maybe I'm the only one this bugs, but reading HTML posts to
> this mailing list gets on my nerves.  If there is a consensus
> amongst the participants, please quit posting in HTML.  If it's
> just me, I'm sure y'all will let me know :)

I agree with most of the posts here, though most of what bugs me is
common enough that I ignore it (and sometimes the offending message, too
;-)

Here's a link with good style suggestions:

We put out very little guidance on how we want the list to operate.  If
everyone feels strongly about this stuff, maybe we should write it down
and put it on the list info pages (or send it out in the welcome
message).  We don't need a phone book sized list, nor to be nazis, but
you can't tell people "you shouldn't do that here" unless you set rules.

Not trying to start a debate, just adding value to my "me too" post. ;-)

Dave