[CLUE-Talk] New here

Grant Johnson grant at amadensor.com
Tue Jan 8 16:16:56 MST 2002

Chris K. Chew wrote:

>You don't have to purchase the distributions.  Download them, or ask a
>friend to burn a copy for you.
>
>I would be happy to burn a copy, and will be at the meeting tonight.
>
>Chris

You don't have to, but I do.  It supports the distro companies, and even
more importantly, it shows the stores that we are out here.  They see
the distros selling, and relize that having hardware on the hardware
compatibility list for sale in their stores is probably good too, then.
 I am still employed, so, I can afford to plop $30 on a distro twice a
year or so.  In fact, I am finally to the point where I have spent more
on Linux distros than on my unused Windows licenses.

I have about 180 in Windows, but I have about 200 in Linux.  There are 4
running Linux machines, but only one Wintendo. (Windows PC actually only
used for games).  Now I got a PS2, so maybe eventually, I can retire the
Wintendo to a video editing station...