[CLUE-Talk] MP3 Player needed

Grant Johnson grant at amadensor.com
Thu Jan 10 15:33:34 MST 2002

Does anyone know of an MP3 player that can be run without a gui, from
the command line, so it can be scripted?  I used to be able to do this
with freeamp, but the newer version requires the gui, and the old one
does not handle VBR files.  I want to hook an old p75 with a sound card
to the network, and to my stereo, and make it a huge jukebox.  I have
the space on the file server, and the sound card is easy to come by, but
with it being an old, slow machine, I didn't want a gui to hold it back.
 I plan to write a little PHP to make a web interface into it.  Make a
couple of clicks from the workstation or laptop, and there you go,
instant music.  If I have to, I will dig through the Freeamp source
tree, and make my own, but I am mostly too lazy for that.