[CLUE-Talk] FWD: [MELUG-List] SCARY -> AOL in Negotiations to Buy Red Hat

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Sat Jan 19 13:26:28 MST 2002

On Sat, 2002-01-19 at 12:23, Matt Gushee wrote:
> I've been in Colorado nearly 2 years, and still haven't gotten off the
> Maine LUG list ... well, maybe it's got its uses -- I get more bad
> news, faster ;-)

Heh, I helped start TriLUG (RTP area of NC--home of Red Hat) and I'm
still involved with them...

And I'm pleasantly surprised by the number of posts by folks from both
the NC and CO LUGs who are saying:

 - could perhaps be good through increased Linux user base

 - Free/Open licenses provide pretty effective protection
   against all sorts of corporate nastiness

 - Mozilla is doing rather well with many coders supported
   by AOL/TW paychecks

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD