[CLUE-Talk] How do I credit another author under the GPL

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier jbrockmeier at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 29 06:52:44 MST 2002

On Tue, 29 Jan 2002, BOF wrote:

> OK, so I've taken a firewall script from a book, modified it for my own
> use on a stand-alone workstation with one ethernet card and want to post
> it for others to use. It was originally written under the GPL.
>
> How do I credit it to the other author, and then credit it to me for my
> changes?

Here's an example from a video driver in the kernel:

/*
    bt819 - BT819A VideoStream Decoder (Rockwell Part)

    Copyright (C) 1999 Mike Bernson <mike at mlb.org>
    Copyright (C) 1998 Dave Perks <dperks at ibm.net>

    Modifications for LML33/DC10plus unified driver
    Copyright (C) 2000 Serguei Miridonov <mirsev at cicese.mx>

    This code was modify/ported from the saa7111 driver written
    by Dave Perks.

    (at your option) any later version.

    Foundation, Inc., 675 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA.
*/

Take care,

Zonker
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier -=- jbrockmeier at earthlink.net
http://www.DissociatedPress.net/
"If there's going to be any future for us, our first invention
must be a meme-killer. We must destroy in ourselves and in
the people around us the meme proclaiming civilization to be
an unsurpassable invention." -- Daniel Quinn