[CLUE-Talk] New virus, jpeg infector.

Richard Knechtel rknech at pcisys.net
Wed Jul 3 08:24:19 MDT 2002

Me and another guy had dabbled in something like this a few years ago at a
former employer.  We had problems with employees on the night shift
downloading p0rn. So we created an exe jpeg infector.  What we did was
infect the jpegs of p0rn pics of specific employees had on their system.
When they would open them (by double clicking on them in explorer) the exe
would launch an email to us stating the employee was viewing p0rn. We also
had it so the exe would search out other jpeg pics and infect them as well.
Needless to say after hundreds of email and then investigating the users
machines to verify the jpegs were infact p0rn. They were fired. Worked great.