[CLUE-Talk] [OT] A Call to Action

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Sat Jul 13 11:00:20 MDT 2002

On Fri, 12 Jul 2002 22:26:40 -0600
Jeffery Cann <fabian at jefferycann.com> wrote:

> On Friday 12 July 2002 03:43 pm, Jed S. Baer wrote:
> > Why process the calories/vitamins/minerals through an animal first?
>
> Because you need some amino acids not available in plants but available
> in Bossie the hefer.

Well, I'm not well-versed in the practical aspects of veganism, but I know
a few vegans who are certainly more heathly than I. From a practical point
of view, if such nutrients weren't available, all vegans would be
suffering from the amino-acid equivalent of scurvy. However, since I'm not
interested in giving up pork ribs and beef steaks, I guess I won't be
pursuing the answer.

Besides, the currency discussion is much more interesting. ;-)

jed

--
We're frogs who are getting boiled in a pot full of single-character
morphemes, and we don't notice. - Larry Wall; Perl6, Apocalypse 5