[CLUE-Talk] Bar code scanners

Brandon N bneill at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 19 10:52:30 MDT 2002

--- Wayne Schneider <wayne.schneider at lycos.com> wrote:
> I am looking for a bar code scanner to create a video ckeck out
> system.  I am currently running Debian "Woody".  Is there anyone that
> can give me a few pointers, suggestions on which one to buy or lead
> in the right direction.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.
>
> Wayne

I have one, I'm not sure I want to give it up, because I do have future
plans for it.  They are very simple to use however, they simply plug in
to the keyboard port and when you scan a code, they send out the
numbers to the keyboard.  If you'd like to look at it to get an idea of
how they work, or test it, I'd be willing to loan it out.

Brandon