[CLUE-Talk] FBI Gets Broad Domestic Spy Powers

Richard Knechtel rknech at pcisys.net
Sat Jun 1 08:34:33 MDT 2002

At 10:43 AM 5/31/02 -0600, you wrote:
>On Fri, May 31, 2002 at 08:25:01AM -0600, Richard Knechtel wrote:
> >
> > Now the FBI wants the extra control to basically monitor every part of
> > every Americans life.  If the terrorist threat was REAL then they
> should do
> > exatctly what was done in WWII. Use internment camps.  (sorry I am not
> > Politically correct AT ALL).
>
>Nor are you historically correct. There are no recorded incidents of US
>citizens of Japanese descent betraying this country during World War II.
>Zero. Zip. None. The *only* basis for placing people in the WWII internment
>camps was their ethnicity.

Historically, they were put in camps to prevent what didn't happen. Nothing
happened, so obviously it worked.  It was safer to control all.  We didn't
know who the enemy was then just like we don't know who the enemy is now.

You see, with terrorism you don't know who the enemy is.  Those who did 911
where of what ethnicity? middle eastern correct? mostly from Saudi Arabian
decent.  Those in the middle east HATE the U.S. The terrorists, albeit the
radical extremists, are middle eastern. You can rebut with Timothy McVey
but that is a whole different discussion.  Can you or anyone walk down the
street and pick out of a crowd of middle eastern people who is a terrorist
and who isn't? No. Study what is happening in Palestine and Israeli.  What
kinds of things do the terrorists do?  Big time, walk into public areas an
blow themselves up.  No one was able to tell that person was a terrorist,
or else they would have jumped on them to stop them.  We need to take a
bigger proactive approach, especially being in a more free and open society.
Heck the FBI and the U.S. government were WARNED about 911 and couldn't or
should I say wouldn't do anything about it.  But, this hypothesis all rests
on the fact that there IS a REAL terrorist threat in the U.S. . MY theory
is that there ISN'T one.  The government is using it as an excuse to take
away our rights and dissolve the constitution and the bill of rights.  Just
look at the USA Patriot Act, look what John "Nazi" Ashcroft is trying to do
now with broadening of the powers.  Someone would have to be blind not to
see that our rights are being stripped from us at an alarming rate.

Those who want this all tied to Linux - here it is.  Once our rights of
freedom of choice, freedom of speech are stripped away. Do you really think
that we as Linux users will be able to use it any longer? NOPE! I would bet
Linux would be outlawed. Why? because the users have controll of it. Not
the government, not corporations (who run the country anayway).  We will
all be forced to use Windows more than likely. (See the big push by MS to
say how open source is a threat to national security).

>So you think we should follow that lead? Rather than seeking to understand
>people who are different from us, and trying to distinguish which of them
>are seeking to harm us, we should just lock 'em all up?

This isn't about understanding people of other ethnicity that is some feel
good politically correct garbage.  "Everyone should love the people from
the middle east". Oh, so we should love the terrorists and let them blow us
up. Ok, we will play "Lets Pretend". Lets pretend that everyone in the
middle east loves us. We will pretend that terrorists are just
misunderstood people. Ok, lets just disband the INS let anyone and everyone
from the middle east into the country and let groups like the Talliban take
over. Now, lets pretend what America will be like under Muslim rule.  Have
you read the Koran? doesn't it repeatedly specifically say "Destroy the
infidel"?  Guess who the infidel is? That's right everyone NON-Muslim. So
unless you what to convert to Islam you are an infidel and should be destroyed.

My real personnel feeling is we should turn the whole middle east into a
glass factory and solve the whole problem over there once and for
all.  Heck they would do it to us in a New York minute. Just as soon as
they have Nuclear capability.  You don't think Sadam Hussein wouldn't
launch on us as soon as he had a nuke? He sure the hell would, and Saudia
Arabia isn't our "friend" either. Look how fast they want us out of their
country.  Oh, they want us there when there is a threat to them. But as
soon as they don't perceive a threat they want us out. Ok, fine. We should
get out.  But, if they cry for help again, tell them to F*** off.  We
should follow suit with Iceland and become oil free. (note: I am not a
environmentalist nutso).