[CLUE-Talk] [Fwd: June Specials and Events at Softpro Books]

Lynn Danielson lynnd at techangle.com
Thu Jun 6 11:17:11 MDT 2002

Jeffery Cann wrote:
> Lynn Danielson wrote:
>> Kevin Mitnik will be coming through town at some point to promote
>> his new book.
>
> Sounds cool.  Just wondering though -- how can you write a book these
> days when you are 'banished' from using _any_ computer for the next 10
 > years (or whatever his sentence is)?
 >
 > Yellow legal pads and a pencil?

Someone else, who I suspect isn't restricted from using a word processor,
is helping him author it.  Jim said that Mitnick's ankle bracelet was
scheduled to come off soon and he thinks that the publishers are waiting
until then to release the book.

Jim received a preliminary copy (of The Art of Deception: Controlling
the Human Element of Security) and said that it was primarily about how
systems could be compromised through human weaknesses.  I doubt Mitnick's
allowed to make money writing about the offences he was jailed for, but
by couching his experiences in the explaination of non technical ways in
which your security is vulnerable, perhaps he can.  In light of current
terrorist threats and attacks, the subject is more pertinent than ever.