[CLUE-Talk] Walmart selling mandrake systems

Kevin Cullis kevincu at orci.com
Thu Jun 20 06:13:21 MDT 2002

David Anselmi wrote:

> Passport is a counter to the rise of Linux.  It has the potential to be
> very useful and benefits from the same network externalities.  And it
> will cause MS lock-in.  So fight Passport wherever you can.  And get
> Linux in the schools so the next generation of non-technical users is
> comfortable with it.

Dave,

I wholeheatily agree, but you have to have school board members who are
elected who know what they are talking about.  My sister said a new
board member just tipped the balance so that no more Apples (read NO Mac
OS X) are to be purchased for her school district, but only Intel boxex.
Not that it's a bad thing, but who gets elected can ruin stuff just like
PHBs can.

Kevin