[CLUE-Talk] test message [please ignore]

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Tue Jun 25 22:17:54 MDT 2002

On Tue, 25 Jun 2002 21:57:26 -0600
Lynn Danielson <lynnd at techangle.com> wrote:

> just a test

Gettin' too quiet in here for ya'?

OK, how 'bout let's talk about those web-based tech skills evaluation
tests. I've done 2 in 2 days, for the same job. PL/SQL and ANSI SQL. Now
why would anybody think that the ability to recall the meaning of the
fourth (rarely used) parameter to some string handler function means
anything at all WRT to one's ability to write good software?

If they'd just call my references, they'd realize that I walk on water, so
they could save themselves, me, and the rest of the candidates a whole lot
of time and effort. ;-)

Oh, I suppose if this thread takes off, we'll have to change the subject
line.

--
We're frogs who are getting boiled in a pot full of single-character
morphemes, and we don't notice. - Larry Wall; Perl6, Apocalypse 5