[CLUE-Talk] Fwd: PHPTR Linux User Group Program - March 2002

Jeffery Cann fabian at jefferycann.com
Fri Mar 8 09:34:49 MST 2002

Subject: PHPTR Linux User Group Program - March 2002
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2002 14:44:15 -0500
From: UserGroups at prenhall.com

Greetings Linux User Groups!

This is going to be a big month at Prentice Hall PTR, and we would like you
to be a part of it.  First, at the request of many of you, we are sending
our official logo, for placement on your webpage.  If you like, you could
link it back to our site, www.phptr.com.

Second, we are still looking for Linux book reviewers.  If you think that
one of the members of your group is qualified to tech-review our Linux
products before they hit the shelves, please send his or her name with a
little background into their Linux experience and specialty.  Contact
information is also a must.  We look forward to recruiting our User Group
members onto our review staff!

Third, we have a host of blockbuster new books that have either just been
released or are due to release over the next four weeks.  The biggest of
these titles is Evi Nemeth, Garth Synder, and Trent Hein's "Linux
Administration Handbook", which promises to become just as indispensable to
the Linux Administrator as their previous UNIX Handbooks.  It will publish
on 3/29/2002, but we wanted to give you the unique opportunity to display a
sample chapter on your website before the book publishes.  Just let us know
and when the chapter becomes available we'll send it electronically to you!

Finally, we are currently offering the following promotion, which you are
free to take advantage of.  If you would like a copy of Reuven M. Lerner's
new title "Core Perl" for use as a door or raffle prize at your next meeting
or conference, just email me your snail-mail address and I'll ship a copy
right out to you at no cost.

Also, we want everyone to remember the 15% discount available at our User
Group bookstore on www.phptr.com.  Please send a note to all of your members
that this discount is available to them as well - the password is "linux".
Feel free to distribute this password to all the users on your mailing list.

More to come next month!

Regards,
Justin Somma
PHPTR User Group Program