[CLUE-Talk] Re: MS Passport Linux equivalent

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at attbi.com
Mon Mar 11 20:34:58 MST 2002

On 03-11 20:24, Mike Benavides wrote:
> I like to question how much personel information you have to give Microsoft
> to get a Passport account.  What do they do with all that information? What
> happened to our personel freedom.  If we are to believe MS, they are not
> gathering any information yet.  That is what the .NET monster and Hailstorm
> is all about.  The net will not truely be free with out us.....

What exactly IS Passport, anyway? I always find it hard(and annoying) to wade through a
company's BS marketing terms for things that already have well-defined terms
in the industry. Is Passport something that provides single-sign on
capability? Something else to do with authentication/authorization? Any good
third-party FAQs or whitepapers?

--
Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at attbi.com Yahoo:seanleblancathome
ICQ:138565743 MSN:seanleblancathome AIM:sleblancathome