[CLUE-Talk] A Response to Caldera

Matt Gushee mgushee at havenrock.com
Thu Mar 28 21:10:26 MST 2002

On Thu, Mar 28, 2002 at 08:30:34PM -0700, Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Mar 2002, Matt Gushee wrote:

> > What is it about Utah software companies? They all seem to have huge
> > chips on their shoulders.
>
> Well, if you're talking about Novell, they spawned Caldera in
> the first place (or some of their former employees, anyway...)

Ah, yes, I thought there was a connection. I guess I'm really thinking
of what's-his-name -- Ray Noorda? The media probably give a distorted
view, as they often do, but I've always gotten the impression he was
really bitter about being screwed over by Microsoft. I'm sure he's got
a right to be bitter, but it might not be the most constructive reaction.

> I'm not sure if I know of any other Utah-based software companies.
> Are there any other large ones there?

Ha. You got me.

--
Matt Gushee