[CLUE-Talk] MS now apparently thinks that a computer hardware and OS are a single unit

Jef Barnhart jef at batky-howell.com
Fri May 3 11:07:17 MDT 2002

Now that this thread has died down I think I will stoke it a bit.

The best parts are toward the bottom.

Jef

Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 22:49:32 -0600
From: Kevin Cullis <kevincu at orci.com>
To: State Treasurer Mike Coffman <treasurer.coffman at state.co.us>
Subject: [CLUE-Talk] Re: Mike Coffman's Treasur-E-notes
Sender: clue-talk-admin at clue.denver.co.us

Dear Mike,

Please take a look at the below links about technologies to see if the
State could adopt and migrate to this technology for its purposes of
saving tax dollars. Thank you.

More foreign banks switching to Linux
http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1104-887961.html

The Tech Scene: Why Linux Made Inroads At Financial Institutions
http://globalarchive.ft.com/globalarchive/article.html?id=020403003064&query=lehman+linux

Kevin
---
Kevin Cullis