[CLUE-Talk] The Kiowa County Library Board needs help!

Tom Schutter t.schutter at att.net
Mon May 6 00:05:33 MDT 2002

Hello,

My sister is now the president of the Kiowa County Library Board.
She has inherited a technical mess, and is attempting to straighten
it out.  She has come to me, because I am her technical guru.

Today she quizzed me about the price of WinXP licenses.  So of course I
proceeded to educate her about the Linux alternative.  Free OS, free
software, lower cost to maintain, better security, easier to update,
how WINE fits in, etc.

In order to make the Linux solution work, she needs someone or some
company that can install and maintain the library systems.  I believe
that there are 3 or 4 locations, with 20 to 30 machines total.  Some
are public access machines, and some are for library administration.
Does anyone know a solution provider that can fit the bill?

Linux may or may not be the right solution here.  But given the
technical expertise available at the libraries it cannot be a solution
without some outside help.  Unfortunately, I am in Boulder, and so I
cannot give the timely response needed here.

Just to put everyone on the map, Kiowa county is directly east of
Castle Rock.

Thanks,

--
Tom Schutter
t.schutter at att.net

The guys that would be best for this is Techangle 303-755-5434
Sales at TechAngle.com .

Jef