[CLUE-Talk] Re: [CLUE-Announce] 2002 CLUE Web Site Survey

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Mon May 6 19:56:06 MDT 2002

On Sat, 4 May 2002 22:46:21 -0600
Jeffery Cann <president at clue.denver.co.us> wrote:

> Greetings.
>
> Our current web site has been around in its current form for over 3
> years.  Although functional, we think that the CLUEbies may want more
> from their web site.

A few comments.

Rate the importance of ...
Classified ads (hardware, services, etc.)
  - Perhaps not "important", but a listing of local linux resources,
    linux-friendly businesses, would be cool. A member swap-meet area
    would be really neat, IMHO.
Information repository for new Linux users
  - Links to good resources would be good. Maybe an area for
member-written    articles
Portal to Linux resources
  - Again, links. Not sure what is meant by "portal". Also member-written
    articles?

On-line web forum, tied to CLUE email lists
Technical support area (members helping members)
Topical posts and threaded discussion (e.g., Slashdot)
 - these three all seem redundant with the e-mail lists

Would you read a CLUE newsletter?
 - Depends upon the content.

My #1 suggestion:
instead of
  window.open(URL,windowname,properties)
(yeah, my standard rant ;-)

Cheers,
jed
--
Fight the CBDTPA: http://www.eff.org/alerts/20020322_eff_cbdtpa_alert.html

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men,
 undergo the fatigue of supporting it." - Thomas Paine