[CLUE-Talk] Colorado's No-Call List

Jeffery Cann fabian at jefferycann.com
Sat May 11 15:19:42 MDT 2002

On Saturday 11 May 2002 01:06 pm, jbrockmeier at earthlink.net wrote:

> Yes, I do have the right to refuse people the right to ring my
> doorbell (well, I don't actually have a doorbell, but that's not
> really the point...).

Just because you THINK you have the right to refuse to allow people to ring
your (non existent) doorbell does not mean you actually have a legal right to
do so.

> I don't own my apartment, either - but I still have the right to deny
> salesmen and so forth the right to knock on my door.

Please, Z, show me a legal right to this.  A statute or something, because I
call bullshit.  You certainly have the right to ask people to leave your
front door if they are ringing it, trying to sell you something.  This is
part of the tresspass laws

Because you don't own your apartment means you have tenant rights, yet
another specific type of legal rights afforded to you.  These are different
than real property rights.  However, one of the basic rights for tenants is
the right to privacy.  However, your landowner does have the legal right to
enter your apartment under certain circumstances.

Check Article 13 of the Colorado Revised Statutes, these are the laws that
govern your tenant and landlord rights:

> So, I don't really
> think the argument about whether or not I actually own my phone line
> matters -

Well, two posts ago, that was your point, here's your quote:

"Since I pay for my phone line, I consider it my right to refuse anyone the
right to call me."

I read this as you think that a) you own the phone line, because you 'pay for
my phone line'.

here are laws that recognize a person's "right" to the PHONE