[CLUE-Talk] Colorado's No-Call List

Warren warren at guano.org
Fri May 17 13:31:15 MDT 2002

David Anselmi <anselmi at americanisp.net> wrote:

 > Now, if the telemarketers are worried, they can take my number off
 > the list.  It may be illegal for them to remove my number, but then
 > someone has to prove that it was them that did it (mean time all the
 > others call me).

I asked the guys who run coloradonocall.com that question,
specifically:

Q: "I added my numbers to the list. What's to prevent an unscrupulous
telemarketer from removing it?"

The answer was unencouraging.  Without mentioning any names or
including any headers, the answer was:

A: "Nothing -- although they would have to know your name and your
Zip." (sic)

They usually DO know your name and zip code...and complete mailing
address...and sometimes have your credit card number ALREADY.  They're
just 'honest' enough to get a "yes" before charging you.

This is a great first start, but it still has some flaws.

 --

 </W>