[CLUE-Talk] Shouldn't we be calling ourselves C-GLUE?

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Tue May 21 11:41:54 MDT 2002

Well, if you follow Slashdot, you've seen this very long discussion:

  http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=02/05/21/1242253&mode=nested&tid=117

About this article:

  http://www.linuxworld.com/site-stories/2002/0520.rms.html

Which will be a neverending debate, I suppose.

But I found the mention of binary code sections included as data in driver
modules, for loading as device firmware, to be interesting. I haven't
looked at any of these pieces of code, but it does raise the question of
whether the kernel can really be considered "free" (as in speech). Maybe
that's an extremist point of view, but hey, we are talking about RMS here.

Also, I guess we'll also never get RMS to speak to us, unless we change
our name to Colorado GNU/Linux Users & Enthusiasts. ;-)

--
Got Privacy? http://makeashorterlink.com/?N33052F1

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men,
 undergo the fatigue of supporting it." - Thomas Paine