[CLUE-Talk] Thoughts on GNU.

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Tue May 28 12:16:06 MDT 2002

On Sun, 26 May 2002 21:59:24 -0600
Jeffery Cann <fabian at jefferycann.com> wrote:

> On Sunday 26 May 2002 09:08 pm, David Anselmi wrote:
> > There was a post a few days ago linking to an RMS article that said,
> > among other things, that the correct name of our favorite OS is
> > GNU/Linux, not Linux.
<snip>
> Personally, I started using Linux because I had the same attitude as
> Dmitry (first post below) -- that a bunch of 'hackers' couldn't produce
> a viable operating system.  'They aren't professionals.', I thought.
> 'How could they do it without being paid?', I wondered.  That was in
> 1995.
<snip>

Some related comments in an interview on kerneltrap:

  http://kerneltrap.org/node.php?id=222
(Interview: Larry McVoy - BitKeeper)

--
Got Privacy? http://makeashorterlink.com/?N33052F1

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men,
 undergo the fatigue of supporting it." - Thomas Paine