[CLUE-Talk] OT? Sunday reading

Jeffery Cann fabian at jefferycann.com
Sun Nov 3 22:55:51 MST 2002

I heard a story about this problem on NPR last week.  The story described how
most of the vendors have no audit trail to ensure that a vote was counted
correctly, which is scary.

Also scary are the facts that many of these software voting machine vendors
are not based in USA (shouldn't we use our own software for our government?)
and their unwillingness to open the source code.

As I listened to the story, I thought it is a problem best addressed by Linux
/ open source.  GNU Vote?  Anyone have time to crank this out?

:-)

--
    planet earth (tm)
http://jefferycann.com/