[CLUE-Talk] Sound Damping Assistance

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Tue Nov 12 10:58:45 MST 2002

Hi Folks.

In my continuing quest to (cheaply) decrease the noise level around my
computer desk, I could use a little help. What I'm looking for is about 13
square feet of "egg carton" packaging foam. My experience is that a lot of
this stuff gets thrown away, but if anyone cares to donate some to my
cause, I'll be at the CLUE meeting tonight.

The basic use of this will be to minimize fan/air noise reflected from the
wall/desk surfaces.

Of course, if anyone cares to throw some Dynamat my way, that'd be cool
too, but I'm sure as heck not going to go out and buy any of that stuff --
it ain't cheap! ;-)

I think I've already reached the limit of what I can do with fan changes,
BTW.

Thanks,
jed
--
We're frogs who are getting boiled in a pot full of single-character
morphemes, and we don't notice. - Larry Wall; Perl6, Apocalypse 5