[CLUE-Talk] Fwd: Metro Career Fair (AITP)

charlie oriez coriez at oriez.org
Thu Oct 3 16:01:45 MDT 2002

Might be of interest to anyone looking for entry level folks.  I've had good
luck when I've recruited people out of Metro in the past.

Subject: Metro Career Fair (AITP)
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 22:19:10 -0600
From: cryer <cryer at mscd.edu>
To: coriez at oriez.org

Hello Charlie,

   Here is the information on Metro's Career Fair on October 29th (in text
format, NOT an attachment). We appreciate your willingness to help us out by
passing the word. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me,
Arthur, or JJ. You can also contact Shina Duval who is the main organizer.
 The Web site address is:

    http://www.mscd.edu/~career

   I also wanted to let you know, your talk was interesting and informative.
Thanks again!

Leah Cryer

Association of Information Technology Professionals
Accounting Students Organization, Finance Club
And The Office of Career Services

Human Resources:				August 28, 2002

Mark your calendar for the fourth annual BUSINESS CAREER FAIR at the Auraria
Campus!  The Metropolitan State College of Denver Annual Business Career Fair
is sponsored each year by student organizations in the school of Business.
This year, the sponsors are the Association for Information Technology
Professionals (AITP), the Accounting Students Organization (ASO) and the
Finance Club. The fair is also co-sponsored by the Metro State Office of
Career Services and the Department of Computer Information Systems.

Participation in this career fair provides you an inexpensive, efficient way
to meet     and recruit highly motivated non-traditional students whose
average age is 27.  There are currently over 18,000 students enrolled at MSCD
seeking undergraduate degrees in the School of Business, the School of
Professional Studies, or the School of Letters, Arts and Sciences.  The fair
is open to all students on the Auraria campus, and employers from a variety
 of industries are invited to participate and connect with the diverse
 population of candidates on the Auraria campus.

AGENDA
Tuesday, October 29, 2002
Turnhalle, Tivoli Student Union

9:00am - 10:00am:

10:00am - 3:00pm:

11:45am - 1:30pm:	Employer Booth set up and Continental Breakfast

Career Fair open to all Auraria campus students

Catered Lunch available upstairs

Registration Fee:

$225.00 Private Industry and Government Agencies
$100.00 Non-Profit Organizations

We will provide booth space, setup/breakdown assistance, lunch, and parking
permits for two of your representatives.  We invite employers to please
REGISTER ONLINE via the Metro State Career Services website.  To do so,
 access the Career Services website at: http://www.mscd.edu/~career

There will be a link to the registration form on the front page, within the
left frame, or click on "EVENTS" and access the link from that page as well.
Please contact Shina duVall in Career Services with questions about
registration at 303-556-3664 or duvallsh at mscd.edu

We look forward to your participation!!
Committee Members:

Arthur Buhrer, AITP Co-President	JJ Cassa, AITP Co-President
Leah Cryer, AITP Treasurer	        Maria Daligosa, AITP
Mike Kenner, ASO Co-President	        Truitt Armijo, ASO Co-President
Michelle Meroney, ASO Secretary/Treasurer	Christine Schouten, Finance Club
President
Shina duVall, Career Services	        Ron Lujan, Career Services

"Progress is the process by which Usenet
has evolved from smart people in front of
dumb terminals to dumb people in front of
smart terminals."  -- Obscurity, 1997