[CLUE-Talk] LAMP Fun-da-mentals Instructor?

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Wed Oct 9 16:46:12 MDT 2002

On 09 Oct 2002 15:48:26 -0600
David Willson <DLWillson at TheGeek.NU> wrote:

>   - Focus on MP, none of Linux, little, if any, of Apache.
>   - Achievable interactive demo.  This should be a simple, yet
> interesting task or two that the students can do on their own machine,

So, we can't get them to code a web-based event calendar for CLUE in the
process? ;-)

I'd think some minimum pre-requisite Apache is necessary, since this
sounds geared towards getting people who want to code able to do so. I
mean, it's sorta tough to play around with PHP on your home box without
some bit of knowing you have Apache properly configured for PHP (and PHP
for MySQL, for that matter). Since I built Apache and PHP from source, I
don't know if RPMs or DEBs come configured with the hooks compiled in. I
suppose that depends upon who the packager is.

jed
--
We're frogs who are getting boiled in a pot full of single-character
morphemes, and we don't notice. - Larry Wall; Perl6, Apocalypse 5