[CLUE-Talk] Windowless PCs

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at americanisp.net
Sun Oct 13 21:12:57 MDT 2002

I think this topic was covered a few months back, but - can anyone recommend
a good local [1] shop that sells Windowless pcs. I'm looking for used
desktops in the general vicinity of a PIII in price/performance.

So far, I've looked at contactpc [2], and they seem okay as far as prices, but
they include Windows w/ everything. To be fair, I haven't called to ask if
they'll yank Windows and the Windows tax with it, but I was wondering if
there are any good experiences anyone has had with any other places.

[1] Local means South/West of Denver. I live in Littleton - in the vicinity
of the intersection of Coal Mine and Wadsworth. Lakewood, DTC and the like
are not too far for the right price and lack of Windows. :)

[2] I bought my laptop there, and I'm pleased with it. However, it *did*
come with a copy of W98 that I presume was part of the price, and which I'm
never going to use. I want to avoid doing that again.

Cheers,

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at americanisp.net
http://users.americanisp.net/~seanleblanc/
Get MLAC at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/mlac/
How much net work could a network work, if a network could net work?